This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Sunday, November 11, 2007

Altered Wood Blocks - Zen


Hey Everyone! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday! Gosh, Friday and Saturday were very busy days! Not once did I have a chance to sit down to create something. We got up early to drop off my kids to the school for a Key Club Rally that was held at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The rally was to benefit the Pediatric Cancer Foundation and they raised some money for the cause! Whoohoo! While my kids were away, my husband and I ate out for breakfast early in the morning then went shopping for a fireplace for our outdoor living space. We finally decided on this very pretty fireplace . . .it has a sitting area, lights, and even an area to store your wood. It should be in place in 2 weeks. I'll take a picture of it when it's completed. I can't wait to sit out in our backyard at night and cozy up near the fire. We can cook marshmallows and just hang out after we BBQ.

Anyway to Zen up my craft room. . .I altered the wood alphabet blocks using designer paper by DCWV, sanded the edge and applied distress ink to give them a shadow appearance. I wrapped organdy ribbon around them and decorated them with die cut flowers and buttons.

Until later folks. . .I need to go and eat lunch now!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I am jealous- how fun to bbq and then sit outside around a fireplace. Sounds so cool!

My Paper World said...

They look fabulous!

michelle sturgeon said...

GORGEOUS! Maria, you are so very talented!

Risa said...

Your altered wood blocks are beautiful Maria....enjoy your outdoor fireplace too!
malieta:)

Deb said...

Your letters are so beautiful Maria, I love how you decorated them.