This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, January 10, 2009

CD Calendar Case Video Tutorial


Hi Everyone!! I created this CD case calendar today. It was super duper quick. I've been trying to find ways to use up my scrap designer papers and I thought this was a fabulous way to use up some of them.

The tutorial below is a tutorial I created for my Stampin Inspirations Club Site using Stampin Up materials but I wanted to create a scrappy one too. This version is a little different from the one in the video tutorial. Rather than putting all 12 months together on one panel, I separated each month and created a different panel for each month.




This is January's page. I primarily used Prima flowers to decorate it. I think I finished this page within 10 minutes. Gotta love it when it's quick.

Project Details:

Papers: Fiskar Cloud 9 designer paper, CTMH cardstock
Accessories: Making Memories daisy brads, Prima flowers, SU Photo Corner Punch





With February, all I did was run my Sizzix die and created the hearts, stuck it on to the designer paper and added the photo corner to top left. That's it. . .again less than 10 minutes. I'm working on March right now. I can't find my "spring" stack of designer papers so I didn't work on it.

Anyway. . .try out the tutorial. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

Project Detail:

Papers: DCWV designer paper, cardboard panel backing from a scrapbook kit (hearts)
Accessories: Sizzix die, JoAnn brads, SU Photo Corner Punch


7 comments:

Chrisd said...

This is so cute and easily doable. Thanks for a fun and quick idea an tutorial.
Hugs from Michigan

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin this girl. I love the shades of blues or aqua, so prety.

Risa said...

Your calendar pages are beautiful Maria and I just love yourFebruary page!
I brought a calendar set last year and I haven't done a thing with it. Now that I have seen your pages and tutorial...I have all sort of ideas spinning in my head.
Thank you for the inspirations!
hugs
Risa:)

Heather's Mom said...

What a great idea! You are a wonderful person with so many talents! I plan on reading lots more from your blog! Thanks for sharing!!!

Heidi said...

Maria! this is a great way to use up scraps and lets you be creative as well. I love it.

Tonniece said...

Thanks Maria, this is great.

Kelli said...

I love the calendar - esp. Febuary's page!