This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Thursday, December 28, 2006

Photo On My Heading

As you can see, I have a new heading. Whoohoo. It took a while for me to figure out how to insert a photo as opposed to the default heading provided. It drove me mad trying to add a photo. Luckily, I know a little bit of html to finally figure out where I can insert the html code.

I, initially, tried to do it on the template html code area. . .BUT, could not figure out which of the hundreds of html code applied to the heading. I'm sure a computer geek could have figured it out quickly. . .but I'm barely computer literate so this was a major challenge.

For anyone interested how I did it. . .it's a bit of task but it's easy if you don't have to go through what I went through. As a matter of fact it was so simple, I can't believe that I went through the trial and error of changing the template's html codes.

Here is how it's done. . .the easy way.

Load your photo or image on to a host site. I use a host site called "image shack". . .there's tons of them out there so which ever one you choose to use don't matter. The photo of my heading is a picture I took of a Basic Grey scrapbook paper. I used a photo editor to add my title. I uploaded the photo on to Image Shack.

Copy the photo url provided by your host site.

Click on the setting and on the section that ask for your Blog Title - insert this code (img src="paste the url between these two quotes"). When adding the actual code. . .don't use parenthesis as shown on the code provided. . .replace the ( ) with < >. I can't type it with the <> signs because this blogger thinks I'm trying to add a photo when I type the actual code.

If you prefer. . .leave the section that ask for your "blog description" blank, otherwise it'll add your description at the bottom of your header's image. I decided to remove it but I'm considering adding it back on.

That's it! SIMPLE.

If you have any questions on how to add your photo to your title, feel free to email me or add a comment!

Until later...

No comments: