This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, December 01, 2007

Blog Candy Challenge Day 1



Don't forget to drop by Stampin Inspirations for that site's challenge

Good Morning Everyone! I'm sorry that this blog candy challenge is a little late but my Internet server flaked out on me this morning - AGAIN! Saturdays are the worst day to go on the Internet. Anyway, the clear stamps above is the first prize to go into the prize bucket. It's a stamp set by Hampton Arts "Art Warehouse" design. No, it's not the only prize for this blog candy. . .each day I will post a picture of each prize that will be accumulated for the next 5 days and ONE lucky winner will win all of them. It's sort of fun to see what prize you can receive each day if you play along. I got this idea from Angel at "Angelosity" when she was doing a blog candy for her birthday. I thought the idea was so ingenious.

Okay. . .now to the challenge! Before I tell you what it is. . .my two blog sites have different challenges, therefore you have two chances each day to add your name to the blog candy bucket! I will be drawing the name of the winner out of this bucket on December 6th. There will only be one winner of the blog candy prize even if you participated on both sites. Participating on both sites just provides you more entries! Don't worry the challenges will be easy so you won't have to work so hard to enter your name.


Day 1 Blog Candy Challenge

"Peace and Calm In spite of the Chaos"

Send me a picture of your desk at its current state right now whether it's messy or not. If it's messy, actually it's a good thing because that means you're creating! Don't clean up your desk if it's messy. . .why? What this challenge is about is to add an item on your desk that provides you a sense of peace and calm. If you already have one. . .GREAT!. . .if not, add something. Like what? Well, it can be anything. . .a picture of your kids, a small potted flower, stones. . . . . .whatever.


The concept of "peace and calm" is very subjective so it's up to you on what item you want to add. BUT it can't be a food item like a box of cookies or a craft item. I know for some of us, those items provide peace and calm but it has to be a fixture that you can keep in one place for you to look at on a daily basis and relaxes you when you are feeling stressed or out of control!

My calming "zen" piece is a bamboo plant that sits right at the edge of my desk. It's the only thing on my desk when I'm creating that is calming to look at and I like having it there, especially when I'm stressed out!

Send me at a picture of your desk at its current state with the "calm and peace" item on your desk. Email the picture to lbmcd66@hotmail.com or post it on your blog and send me a link to your blog site. Let me know what the "peace and calm" item is. Remember it can be anything YOU feel that calms you when you look at it. You have until December 5th to submit your pictures.

Okay! Hope you'll play along!

31 comments:

Jules said...

You are never going to believe this but I have a bamboo plant in my studio!!! I love the energy it brings to the room...I don't keep anything on my table that I could spill but I have the plant and candles, those are my two calming effects. I just ran in there and took a few pictures (I never take pictures of my studio in it's "natural" state heehee) I will post them on my blog tonight.

Rita said...

I sent you an email with my pictures Maria. Pictures of my family bring me calm & let the juices flow for me. I have a tiny picture of my mom & my siblings on the left side atop the tiny drawer thing & a picture of myself, hubby & kids are on the desk on the left also. I have lots of family pictures all over my craft room. This is fun! *Hugs*

Nicola said...

I sent you a pic of mine dear. I hope it got to you.

Hugs
Nic

Cheryl KVD said...

Here is the link to mine. The Peace and Calm item is the painting done by my 2 year old daughter that is hanging up on the billboard.

http://cakvd2.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-desk.html

Thanks!
Cheryl

CreativeMish said...

I'm going to email you a picture. I placed my Woman of Faith Study bible on my work table. I've been busy today so my table is very cluttered :)

Unknown said...

My workspace photo is listed on my blog. My calming thing is the chocolate that I am sure that you will be able to see! Thanks for having fun challenges!

Shannon McGann said...

What a great challenge idea! I can't take a photo of my desk right now because it's dark outside and my space is in the basement (the photo would look awful!). But tomorrow I'll be sure to get a picture up on my blog!

Michelle said...

This was a very good challenge for me, as I didn't have anything peaceful or calming on my desk, and I had difficulty finding something in the house that I felt was peaceful and calming. Time to go buy myself a plant! :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a cool idea, Maria.

JenMarie said...

I'm about to send a pic your way!
I put a pic of my cat on my table, since there's NO way I could get her to sit on the table... ;)
She hangs out with me when I stamp!
What a great idea!!!

MissaTooU said...

I e-mailed you a couple of pics last night Hope you got it!
Missa

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria!! Great challenge idea!

I have uploaded my pictures on my blog: http://thiseverydaylife.com/
and have emailed you.

Love sneaking a peek at your studio! I love looking into others studios to get ideas ;)

Hugs,
Jenny

Little C's Creations said...

OMG Girl!!! This is sooo ironic. Yesterday - I thought I'd take a pic of my MESSY craft area.... and I thought - should I post it?!?!? But shame ah?! Then I read this post today... oh my - it was probably meant to be!!! Ok... I will have to send it your way....

Hugs,
Jen

MelissaS said...

Here's a post on my blog with pics of my desk after a day of stamping, plus my calming items. Thanks for this fun way to try for blog candy!
http://whatdoyouink.blogspot.com/2007/12/perfect-weekend-for-stamping-and.html

Ret said...

I didn't have anything really, so I added one of my bamboo plants! and you know what? I love it there!! thanks, Maria, for making me think of something to make it calmer & nicer. :)

Shannon McGann said...

Hi Maria,
Taking this picture has inspired me to clean up my work space, so thank you! Here it is:
http://stamptillyoucramp.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-work-space-for-maria.html

Allison Rankin said...

I would only do this for you Maria since my space is scary!

http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-space.html

Vestidadelmar said...

Congratulations. I have find a lot of inspirations during this year in your sketches. The blog I will like on the list is:
http://www.stefanitadio.com/blog/archive/2006_04_01_archive.html

Jan Scholl said...

Sent a photo and also posted it to my blog with a link to your blog challenge.

Little C's Creations said...

Ok - I did it.... it was something very GUTSY for me to do... so come and check it out:

http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=369205715369140887

Thanks for this challenge - it was really a challenge for me.


Hugs,
Jen

Little C's Creations said...

Sorry Maria, wrong link - here it is:

http://expressivelyme.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-crafty-corner.html

hugs,
Jen

MarieK said...

I did it for you Maria! I have been holding off sharing my craft space because it's taking me so long to get it ready - it always seems to be in such a mess!
Here is the link to my blog and I've linked to yours:
http://marielovestostamp.blogspot.com/2007/12/she-asked-for-it.html

Tracy.H said...

Your stampin' space looks awesome and love the bamboo plant!!

Here is my photo and item.
http://tracyshappyplace.blogspot.com/2007/12/i-completed-challengewoohoo.html

Risa said...

OMG....I had to laugh because my area is a total mess but I will send you one just like it is now.
malieta:)

Lorie said...

I just cleaned up my stamping area and I'm thrilled about it! You can see the before and after...

http://live-love-laugh-create.blogspot.com/2007/12/no-stamping-yesterday.html

My peace item you can't see but it is a little saying my mom gave me. She is gone now so I look at it and remember how much she loved me. :o)

AdriansCrazyLife said...

OK, you're on! I posted a picture of my stamp room on my blog. Of course, you would pick the one time when my stamp room is actually halfway clean! Usually it's at least twice this messy, but I've been too busy to do a lot of stamping lately.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Maria, I am going to e-mail you a picture of one of my messy tables... Happy stamping!

Risa said...

Hi Maria!
I posted a picture os my "happy creative mess" on my blog.
http://malieta-lifessimplepleasures.blogspot.com

Thank you for these challenges, they really helped me focus on my work and not so much about the house.*smile*
malieta:)

Heather said...

I never play in these Maria but you did inspire me!
http://stampdetails.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-stamping-area-annex.html

I do not have a traditional "peaceful" item but trust me- my item gives me great peace of mind for my current situation! Please don't disqualify me!

Gabby said...

Dang...I'm like 3 days late huh? Sorry hun...I've just been going thru some crazy home turmoil. If you go to HMCWL...you'll see what I'm talking 'bout! Anywho...I posted a blog entry here: http://confessionsofastamper.blogspot.com/2007/12/maria-of-card-inspired-blog-candy.html

You'll be surprised at WHAT inspires me and keeps me sane and in Zen! ;) BTW...I LOVE this blog idea!

Debbie G said...

Got mine done Marie and sent you 2 emails with photos. Thanks for the fun challenges.