This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, June 28, 2008

Random Card


Hi Everyone! Wow, it's 11:30 pm already! The day sort of went by quite quickly. I, initially, had plans to concentrate on a few projects but I lacked focus. I did manage to make this card.

I randomly pulled the designer papers from my scrap pile and decided to see what I could come with. Initially, I wasn't feeling it. You know what I mean? It was like. . . "ick" but I decided to keep going. Suprisingly, I like what I ended up with. I think the prima flowers helped a lot.

Getting tired of all the primas I've been using? Okay, after using the majority of the primas that I had bought a year ago, I decided that I was entitled to buy a new pack of Primas! LOL! Michaels is now selling Primas. . .really pretty ones too!

I'm on a craft budget that my husband put me on but I recently sold a few old rubber stamps on Ebay. Okay. . .my husband had told me that I now have to start using my own money to buy my own craft stuff . . .there's a catch. . .I don't have a job! LOL!

I understand why I need to be on a budget. Not really because I'm out of control. . .but more so because our expense this year has increased and I do have more craft stuff than I could possibly use. Believe me, I'm trying. I'm trying to be mindful about my purchases and actually use what I already have. I'm really getting better with my purchases.

Anyway. . .nothing much to my card so I won't discuss much about it. Arggh. . .I think I'm going to go to bed. I'm sleepy already.

5 comments:

Rita said...

This card is so beautiful Maria! I always luv the colors you choose for your cards, they can always brighten up my day & put a smile on my face!

Heather said...

I wish I had your skill at combining random elements and creating neat cards.

CreativeMish said...

I love this! The yellows and greens are really nice

Risa said...

I love your bright and cheery random card Maria! Have a great day and I hope you can finally sleep:)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I'm on the same budget Maria and jobless too. It makes for great craft time, but not great craft spending, hey? I think it's true though that necessity is the mother of invention. Just look at this gorgeous card of yours! LOVE it! The centers of those flowers are gorgeous and the colours of your random paper pick are great! :0)