This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Thursday, March 08, 2007

Random Card - Penny Black Tulip Basket

I love coloring images. I colored the stamped image using Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. Although I love coloring using this technique, detailed images can be quite tedious to color. When coloring detailed images, I like to do it while watching television to keep me from becoming bored. It may take me longer to complete but time goes by faster. Anyway, for those who missed the tutorial on the Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol technique. . .Click Here


When I was in college, I would study while watching television. It's strange but I could concentrate better when the TV was on. I wonder if others have or had this strange study habit.



Anyway back to rubber stamping. . .this is a simple card. . .not too many blings to it. I feel that when you have a nice image, it's important to keep the card design simple so not to distract away from it. Why work so hard on coloring an image and making it pretty only to have the layout or the embellishment become the focal point?



Card detail:

Penny Black Tulip Basket, Anna Griffith sentiment
Paper: Stampin Up Baroque Burgundy, Sage Shadow, Old Olive, DCWV Designer Paper
Ink: Stazon jet black, Baroque Burgundy, Prismacolor Pencil with Gamsol
Accessories: 1 inch circle punch, silver metal cord, organdy ribbon



No comments: