This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, November 18, 2006

Product Review - Stampin Up Perfect Layers



Okay, I tested it out. The jury is still out on this one. It does work as promoted. I was able to cut a straight mat alongside my rubber stamped image. I'm not sure if just cutting with a paper cutter is actually more convenient.

I initially used a swivel blade because that's what I had immediately on hand. Well, it's not meant to be used with a swivel blade. It worked great with a regular straight blade BUT it's very important that you have a sharp blade otherwise, it's difficult to cut straight. Secondly, your mat has to be a good one. Like the blade, it won't cut a straight even line if you don't have a good mat.

Last of all, you will need to make sure the ruler don't move while you're cutting otherwise, like any situation that a blade is used, it'll cut along the edge of the ruler whether it's straight or not.

I do have to admit, my mat looked a lot more even compared to just cutting it with a paper cutter because it follows along the edge of your photo or image/cardstock. If your photo and image was crookedly cut, well your mat will be even alongside your photo or image but it'll be as straight as any photo or image you used as your guideline.

I rate it a 7. Worth the $20 if you really care to have an "exact" edge to your photo and image. Not worth it if a little uneveness don't matter much to you.

No comments: