This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Personal Rambling - It All Makes A Whole Lot of Sense Now

OMG. . .I now know why I've been feeling weird for the past 3 days!! I thought I was coming down with something or something was really wrong with me. I couldn't concentrate, I felt antsy and unable to focus on anything. I didn't even want to make any cards or rubber stamp. I was beginning to feel really tired and couldn't understand why. I was beginning to worry that something was really wrong with me. I thought I was going into some sort of depression. Seriously. . .I really was beginning to feel really depressed.

Yesterday, I hit rock bottom. I woke up feeling like I didn't sleep all night. . .I thought I had the flu or something. I woke up, made a card, and went right back to bed. I slept at least 4 hours mid-morning and I got up feeling not at all refreshed. All day and all evening I was dragging my butt. It took all the effort I could muster to motivate myself to rubber stamp anything.

Anyway, today as I was making coffee. . .my husband pointed out that I was brewing decaffeinated coffee! DECAF! I looked at the bag and realized that for the past 5 days I was making DECAF coffee! The bag was nearly empty! OMG. . .that explained it all!

I was suffering caffeine withdrawal!! I had no caffeine for 5 days! Wow. . . that was a major eye-opener. I never realized that caffeine could have such a major influence on my life. I quickly threw away what was left of the decaffeinated coffee and began brewing the regular coffee. It's really scary to think that coffee can effect me this way. It's a drug! I'm not sure it's a good thing. . .considering how I felt when unknowingly I was not taking in any caffeine.

I think if I had known I was drinking decaf coffee, my response would have been different because I would have been conscious of it and would have mentally tried not have it affect me. Because I was unaware of it, the true response of not taking any caffeine became quite apparent.

Well. . .I'm back to my lively, happy self again!! I had my first sip of real coffee today. I think everything will be okay now.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

mmmmmmm yummy coffee. You know I have to go make one now. :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Loved this story!