This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Sunday, February 11, 2007

Random Cards - Collage Cards

Not into collage cards? It can be fun and artsy and sometimes strange at times. I like to make collage cards to rid of embellishments I have lying around and don't know what to do with.

There was a time when I was really into making these artsy-fartsy cards but I haven't been active in making them.

I just wanted to showcase a few cards I made in the past for those who may be interested in these types of cards. I distressed the background paper by crunching up regular computer paper, then soaked it in walnut ink and water. I allowed it for it to dry and by using direct to paper technique, further aged the paper using Tim Holtz distress inks.

To give the background a collage appearance, I randomly stamped artsy type of stamps all over. I then added various embellishments to dress up the card.



This second card, I used direct to paper technique to distress the cardstock by rubbing Tim Holtz distress ink. Nothing else to this card but stamping an artsy stamp and dressing it up with various embellishments.

If you want to try something new, try making collage cards. . .it's different and expressively flexible.

Until later. . .

1 comment:

michelle sturgeon said...

Oh, I LOVE that second collage card! Just gorgeous!