This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, February 03, 2007

Precious Moments - Colored with Color Pencils

I went to Michaels yesterday and bought a cheapy set of colored pencils because well, they were cheap. Surprisingly, they colored my images fairly well. I mean it's not the best but for the price of $12.99 for 24 colors, well. . .it was way better than I thought they would be.

I went to every arts and craft store to buy Gamsol and not one store has it. Can you believe it? I asked my husband to buy it online and it should arrive in a few days. I will do a tutorial on Gamsol and Prisma color pencils. I know there's a bunch of tutorials on several blogs regarding Gamsol and Prismacolor. I'll make a few comparisons between with or without Gamsol, Prisma color or cheapy pencils, Gamsol with cheapy pencils, and comparison of different types of pencils and I'll write my review. Sometimes there's a tendency for us to follow the current trend and wind up buying expensive tools and materials without exploring alternatives. I've never used Gamsol with my colored pencils because I've always felt my coloring was okay so I've never had the need to add any other medium to improve my coloring. . .BUT, I'm curious and don't mind learning something new.

Here are two cards I made this evening. I used the cheapy colored pencils to color the Precious Moments images. I'll do a tutorial one day on how to color your images with color pencils so the images don't appear flat looking. It's all about shading and blending. I've been busy the past few days and haven't really been able to work on cards like I would like to, otherwise, I would have done a tutorial today.

Card Details:

Stamp: Stampendous Friendship Blooms, PSX Pixie Expressions
Paper: Stampin Up More Mustand, Pink Passion, Sage Shadow and Whisper White, DCWV scrapbook paper
Ink: Stazon jet black, colored pencils
Accessories: Marvy corner punch, white brads, Making Memories paper daisies, and organdy ribbon





Card Details:

Stamp: Same as above, Hero Arts Sentiments
Paper: Stampin Up Pink Passion, Sage Shadow, Whisper White and DCWV Scrapbook Paper
Ink: Same as above
Accessories: American Craft Elements ribbon, organdy ribbon, paper cord, swirl clip, Marvy scallop tag punch



Until later. . .

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Those are wonderful! I would love to see a tutorial on how to color images so they don't look like a first grader did them - that's what mine look like so I don't color images much. Gamsol is indeed hard to find and I don't know why. It seems to be very popular and being odorless would be a benefit, I think. Who knows?