This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, August 11, 2007

My Sick Shopping Addiction


Yeah, I'm a sucker for sales. I do have a shopping addiction and I joke about it but quite frankly, it's disturbing but that don't stop me from buying. Look at what I found at Big Lot. These great DVD size tins for a dollar each. Do you know how much these cost at regular price? At least 3 to 5 dollars each. When I saw them for a dollar each, I bought all of what they had on their shelf. Sick, I know but I couldn't resist.


Now, what am I going to do with them? Well, I'm going to make mini scrapbook albums of my kids, our travel, friends, family, etc. I think it'll be fun. My goal for the month of August and September is to actually create the albums to fill these tin containers.
We'll see if I'll actually do it but I'm determined to use them. My goal is to do 2 a week. My kids are going back to school in a week and I'll have my "free" time back. As much as I love my kids and doing things with them, I would also like more time to craft. Besides, they're not little babies anymore.
I think I'm going to make my shopping adventure a category on this blog site. Maybe by posting what I buy, it'll sort of discourage me from buying more. Why would that discourage me? Well, I'm a little embarrassed of my "need" to buy and to actually show others that I have a problem, well maybe I'll slow down a bit. What do you think? Do you think it'll work? Doubt it but it's worth a try.
Until later. . .I need to cook lunch for my family. . ..

2 comments:

Heather said...

Big Lots is great! I wish mine had those tins. I went to mine today and bought a huge pile of K ad Company stuff to give away as Blog Brownies.

Good luck on the "more time when the kids go back to school thing". I have been BURIED- hopefully it will level off next week and Ill get more art done.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh how I wish we had Big Lots here in Canada! I do like to hit them when I holiday in the States a couple times a year!