This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Thursday, August 09, 2007

Random Cards

Wow I'm on the roll! This is the most cards I've made for quite some time. I'm really happy about it. I'm slowly getting my groove back. . .I thought for moment I was beginning to lose it.

Here's a card I made this evening. Just a simple card. As you can tell by now, I have a tendency to use a lot of scrapbook paper with most of my cards. Why? Because it's much easier to use designer paper for the background but the drawback is that it lacks any real technique.

I sort of go through different phases of card making. I'll be into stamping techniques for awhile then totally abandon it for scrapbook embellishments. I guess it depends on how much time I have and right now, I don't have as much time as I would like to, so scrapbook paper and embellishments are the fastest and easiest way to make a card.



Card Details:

Stamps: Heidi Grace
Ink: Pink Passion
Paper: SU Purely Pomegranate, DCWV Glitter Premium Paper, Autumn Leaves Scrapbook paper
Accessories: Organdy ribbon, Foo-la-la buttons, Sizzix Heart Die

Wow I did really good today. I actually sat down and made a few cards. Here's a random card I made. I really need to use my designer papers and embellishments. This card was fast and easy. Nothing to it but the layout.

I really love these large prima flowers that I bought at Target. I went back to get more of them and they were all gone. Whaaa! I really hate when that happens. Don't you hate when you find something you really like and it's discontinued or the store no longer sells it. I think that's the reason why I have a tendency to hoard my favorite papers or embellishments.



Card Details:

Stamp: Fiskar "Sentiments" clear stamps

Ink: Sakura Souffle gel pen

Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, K&Co

Accessories: Fiskar "Cloud Scissors, Target Large Prima Flower, JoAnn large brads

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great cards! I will give these sketches a try!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, these are so nice. How in the world do you come up with so many lovely layouts? I love them all!