This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Thursday, May 10, 2007

Daily Special - Anything But Cards - Shaped Box

On the weekend, I went to a garage sale and I got all of these cool boxes for $5.00. I've come across a few great garage sales that sold a bunch of craft stuff at dirt cheap prices. The boxes above are medium to large boxes and bought all of the boxes this lady had. Sometimes at garage sales you need to use a bit of your imagination when looking at stuff that people consider "junk". I also bought a stack of small packing boxes. For $7.00, I got 80 small boxes - about 7 x 10". My husband was like "what are you going to do with 80 boxes?" Well . . .I don't know yet but I'll figure it out. I'm thinking of altering them and creating some sort of craft project. I'm sure they'll come in handy one day. I just need to use a bit of my imagination.

Anyway. . .here is what I did with one of the heart boxes I bought at the garage sale. I basically modge podged scrapbook paper on to the box and decorated it. I'll do a quick tutorial tomorrow on how to apply scrapbook paper on curved boxes. I'm sure most of you know how but for those who don't. . .there's a technique on attaching paper on to curved boxes (circle, hearts, etc.) so they don't appear lumpy.







2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Love this...super idea (even if you have to make 80 more!)

Hey Hey Paula said...

Great bargain and good idea. I love your heart box. I'll check back for the tutorial TFS.