This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Friday, May 18, 2007

Daily Special - Featured Stamp - Creative Imaginations

I visited a scrapbook store in my town this afternoon. I don't remember the name of the store. Anyway, they were selling a few rubber stamps - not much but there were a few that caught my interest. One of them was this stamp set by Creative Imaginations. It's foam stamps but I really liked the images. The stamp set had 15 large stamps for $10.49.


This is the card I made with the set. I did not use any scrapbook paper on this project. I wanted to create a card strictly using rubber stamps and this is what I came up with.
I wanted to play around with acrylic paint so I stamped the images using paint rather than dye ink. Acrylic paint works well with foam stamps. I highlighted the flower with white acrylic paint and brushed the white paint on textured cardstock to give it a shabby chic look to it. I think it came out okay. I'm not really liking the colors. . .what do you think? The color combo is a burgundy, dark brown, green with yellow. Yeah. . .I know . . it's a weird mix. A lot of times my color combo is chosen randomly. . . .basically, what is piled at the top gets chosen. Ha! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Although you can't really tell in the picture, the card looks a lot more 3D in person.


I have a bunch of projects I want to create but time is so limited. I wish it was simple and I could just slap them together and post them. But . . .life don't work that way unfortunately. I think they're cool projects and I want to do a bunch of tutorials but I do have to live a life so the tutorials are sort of put on the back burner. I'll be busy this weekend . . .the kids have a few community service events they have to attend and on Sunday. . .it's the 30 Seconds to Mars concert!! Yay! I can't wait!
Anyway, when I can find the time, I'll create a tutorial for a project I want to present! I think it's a really cool project!



Until later. . .

1 comment:

Hey Hey Paula said...

I like your card. I think the layout and the color combos work out well together. I've never used acrylic paint on stamps. Can't wait to see what your surprise tutorial.