This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Wednesday, July 18, 2007

TIC #5 - Tuesday's Inspirational Challenge - Scrappy Card

Hello Everyone! I'm sorry this TIC is posted late. Blogger blocked my blog site because their "Blogger Spam-prevention robots" got hold of my blog sites. They had to verify my blogs to make sure they weren't spams. How annoying!

Anyhow. . this week's TIC Day #5 - Tuesday's Inspirational Challenge is "Scrappy Card". What's a "Scrappy Card"? Well it's a card (not album) that has a picture.

The card I created has a picture of my daughter when she was 13. . . she's 16 now. I used her picture as my inspiration for this card. I'm going to give it to her but not until she's older. I'm going to make a bunch of these, with little messages and when she leaves for college, I'm going to give them all to her. I think at her age, she may not appreciate them as much as when she's older. You know, teenagers. . .

Here are the rules for TIC Day #5:



  • Create a card (not an album) incorporating a picture

  • Max 2 pictures

  • Don't make an album

  • Don't make a scrapbook page, it has to be a card

  • Picture has to be a person, pet, or something of significance in your life (not nature pictures).

  • The card can be of any size, any style, any shape, accordion style, window style, tri-fold or regular fold card.

  • You may stamp, use scrapbook pieces, embellishments, paper piecing, drawn.

  • No limitations on the theme of the card



















Submit a picture of you "Scrappy Card" via my email mailto:emaillbmcd66@hotmail.com or comment this post with the link to the picture on your blog or gallery. Don't forget to include your blog address or gallery address so I can add a link with the picture of your card. Any card made with Stampin Up images will be posted on Stampin Inspirations and any cards using images other than Stampin Up will be posted on Card Inspired.

Submission deadline is on Sunday. I will be randomly draw a winner on Monday. The prize is a Studio G clear stamp set. It's a small prize but it's just a little thank you for participating in my challenge!

I really look forward to seeing your "Scrappy Cards"!!

This is the card opened up.


Card Details:

Front:

Stamp: SU Doodle ThisP

aper: K&Co, SU Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate ChipInk: SU Tempting Turquoise reinker with Lumiere

Accessories: American craft elements ribbon, Foo-la-la buttons, embroidery floss

Second fold:

Accessories: Making Memories Metal Words, "Beautiful" was created on my computer and printed on to cardstock, Fiskar "Cloud" scissors

Inner card:

Stamp: Doodle This

Paper: K&Co Scrapbook Paper, DCWV textured cardstock, Serendipity cardstock - beige speckles, SU Tempting Turqoise, Certainly Celery

Accessories: Making Memories Metal Words, Foo-la-la buttons, Prima flowers, Sizzix die (Hearts), Making Memories chipboard butterfly, Wire works, SU deckle scissors, Making Memories heart brads

1 comment:

Little C's Creations said...

Hey girl... i was too tired last night, and wasn't able to post mines. But I've gotten up early this morning - and posted it here:

http://expressivelyme.blogspot.com/2007/07/marias-beates-challenge.html

I'm probably too late, but it's ok... thought I'd share with you anyways.

Hugs,
Jen