This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Tuesday, July 24, 2007

TIC Day #6 - Tuesday's Inspirational Challenge - "Crazy for Ribbons" and Late Submissions for "Scrappy Cards"


If interested in this week's TIC. . .Click Here for the Details. . .

Good Evening Everyone! Here's a sample that I made for this week's TIC. "Crazy for Ribbons" Not a very creative use of ribbons but I met my own requirements for the TIC by using 3 cuts of ribbon. I'm really having fun with this week's TIC because I'm finally using a bunch of ribbons that were badly in need to be used.

I watercolored the bear using SU's Watercolor Crayons. These crayons are far better than the pencils because they're softer and easier to blend. I typically don't like to watercolor because the colors aren't as vibrant as Prismacolor Pencils but because the watercolor crayons are softer, it's possible to layer the colors and blend them to give them a more vibrant appearance.


Card Details:

Stamp: Stamp-it "Oops Bear"
Ink: SU Watercolor Crayons, Lavender Lace, Sakura Gel Pen
Paper: SU Green Galore, Lavender Lace, K Design Scrapbook paper
Accessories: SU Ticket Corner Punch, Making Memories Daisy Eyelets, Making Memories Ribbons, Darice rhinestones









Here is a "Scrappy Card" that Monika created! Isn't it fabulous. I love the scallop window and how the card opens up to reveal the full size picture. I'm adding this card on this post because this is a late submission but it's definitely worth showing off. Monika's blog site "M.A.D. Stamper" showcases many wonderful creations. I love her elegant style of card making. Be sure to stop by and say "hello".




Here is Monika's Scrappy Card opened up to reveal the full size picture. I love how she incorporated the SU Baroque Motif image.





The Baroque Motif image is attached to a journaling note tag that can be pulled out. What a creative idea! I love it! Thank you Monika for sharing your very creative Scrappy Card!!

Here is a wonderful "Scrappy Card" submission by Jen at "Pieces of Me". It's also a late submission but I needed to show it off. I love her Scrappy Card. This is a picture of Jen and her friend Teri during their club-hopping days. Jen's card inspires me to make a Scrappy Card for a friend. I think my friend would love a Scrappy Card like Jen's. Thank you Jen for submitting your wonderful Scrappy Card.

3 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

you make this bear look so cute, girl... thanks for sharing... not sure if I'm ready to "release" my ribbon hoarding self... maybe for just this week...

hugs,
Jen

Risa said...

Maria.....that bear us the cutest!
Job well done!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm just getting caught up on my blog subscriptions from this past week and had to let you know how cute I think your bear card is. Again, there are lots of interesting elements. Great card, once again, Maria!