This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Monday, January 29, 2007

Daily Special - Anything But Cards - Buttons and Daisies Cards and Box

I wanted to create a boxed series of handmade cards and this is my first series called "Buttons and Daisies".

Can you believe the stamp is from some sort of obscure company that I've never heard of! The company is called "the Artful Stamper".

I colored the daisy with Radiant Pearls, covered it with glitter clear embossing powder, heat embossed it, cut out the image and mounted them with foam tape. The leaves were created with the daisy petals. Basically I stamped the daisy image and colored it with the green Radiant Pearls, cut them out and whala! they look like leaves. Sometimes you just need to improvise.

Another improvisation was the little daisy on the box. I actually drew it myself because I didn't have a smaller version of this stamp. Luckily, it wasn't a complicated drawing. Sheesh, if I had the time, I probably would draw my own images but yuck, that would take too much effort.

To highlight the petals, I colored them with white acrylic paint. Dye inks or pastels would not stick to the surface of the embossed images . The acrylic paint worked perfectly. Like I said. . .sometimes, you just need to improvise and come up with something else in order for things to work. I'll take pictures of each card and post it on a new post later today - just so you could take a closer look at them. I'll post the sketches I used to create the cards. . .courtesy of Page Maps. . .the link of the website is at the top of my blog site!

Until later. . .

No comments: